About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 17 May 2011

Strength and Hope - Scallop Envelope Box

Well this was a fun project as I'd not used the Scallop Envelope Die before, and I don't know that I would have thought to put four together to make this gorgeous box.
This would make a great table gift at weddings, or even Christmas if you changed to card and DSP to suit to occasion.

It is basically made from four scallop envelopes created using the Big Shot.  On each of the four envelopes once cut, trim off one of the side tabs (make sure it's the same side on all four), then sticky the other tab and work your way round connecting the envelopes together.  The flaps at the bottom don't quite meet up, so add a 3x3" panel of card to the bottom.  Once you've cut a strip of card and scalloped the edge with a border punch, you can decorate the rest however you like.  This one had panels of Springtime Vintage DSP added, plus some Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon and of course the Strength and Hope Butterfly with some basic pearls.  So pretty..........


I'm already looking forward to the next Stampin Stars Team Training session in July!

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Pear Pizzazz / Baja Breeze / Springtime Vintage DSP
Stamps / Ink - Strength and Hope / Pear Pizzazz
Embellishments - Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon / Basic Pearls
Tools - Scallop Envelope Die / Big Shot / Scallop Trim Border Punch / Trimmer / Sticky Strip / Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie

    I have just been looking at your lovely blog - you have some great projects here. I love your take on the 4 envelope basket - it really works with that butterfly. And your first swaps were MUCH better than my first attempts. I see a big future ahead of you.

    Looking forward to seeing you on the 9th

    ReplyDelete