About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Saturday 7 May 2011

Crafty Bug Mum.....

Oh, it's the weekend! Hoorrrraaayyyyyy..............

I had a lovely crafty morning round at my mums house today.  I limited myself to one box of goodies to haul over there, and decided to let mum take the reigns as to what she wanted to do.  I gave her some ideas and we got started.  My mum is a newbie to card craft, so she took her time getting to grips with the items, particularly the punches, but she mastered two-step stamping really well.  I was really pleased with what she created.

So here are the two cards my mum made today.


This first one was made using the Build A Blossom stamp set and Blossom Petals Punch in the mini catalogue.  There is so much you can do with these items, they are brilliant.  We stuck with mostly the In Colours, as they happened to be the ink pads I took with me.  We used the Designer Buttons to pop in the centre of the flower and alongside the sentiment.  The buttons looks so much nicer in real life than in the catalogue, it doesn't do them justice.  I love the way the Poppy Parade really stands out against the Basic Black textured card.


Now I think this card is a beauty.  Well done my mum xxx

Again we went with the In Colour palette.  The main three colours we used were Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz.  All three are colours from the Sunny Garden DSP.  We punched out sections with the large square punch and layered up with the scallop square extra-large punch.  The sentiment is from Something to Celebrate (level 2 hostess), on whisper white, punched with the large oval punch and mounted on Peach Parfait with the scallop oval extra-large punch.  The beautiful butterflies are in Poppy Parade, and made using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die.  

I think a big well done is deserved by my mum :o)

She's coming along with me to team training next weekend, so hopefully she now feels more prepared and is more familiar with the products.

Right, quick change, and time to head off.  I'm finally getting to give the Penguin Celebrate card to my friends for their anniversary tonight.  I really hope they like it xx

The Details: 

Card / Paper - Sunny Garden DSP / Poppy Parade / Whisper White / Pear Pizzazz / Basic Black / Peach Parfait
Stamps / Ink - Something to Celebrate /Pear Pizzazz / Poppy Parade / Build a Blossom
Embellishments - Designer Buttons
Tools - Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die / Mat Pack and Paper Piercing tool / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub & Mist / Clear Block C / Blossom Petals Punch / Scallop Oval Ex-Lrg / Oval Large / Scallop Square Ex-Lrg / Square Large / Eyelet Border punch

1 comment:

  1. Well done to your mum!! She's a natural!! Love especially the butterfly card!!
    Amyxx
    www.craftythinker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete