About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Monday 9 May 2011

It's Mojo Monday!

Hello......

The weekend just zipped on by, and it's Monday again.  Not such a bad day, the sun was out, work was busy and went pretty quick, and I came home to do a spot of card making.

This weeks Mojo Monday challenge was a fun sketch.

I decided to use the Colour Coach to select my colours as I have been sticking with Brights and the In Colours of late.  The Colour Coach is a fab tool, it makes creating cards with matching colours really simple.  You pick a colour swatch from the pack, and on the back it give you it's monotone colour, plus two colour combinations.  I went for Old Olive as my main colour and teamed it up with Pretty in Pink and Night of Navy.  These are not colours I would have thought to put together myself.

Here's the card I came up with.


I used the little background stamp in Clearly For You to make my own DSP.  I used the Whisper White ink on the Night of Navy card. The sentiment also comes from the Clearly For You stamp set and was cut out using the Word Window punch and popped on the card with a dimensional.  The Whisper White card on the top section was run through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder to match the polka dot pattern on the Four Frames stamp that I inked in Pretty in Pink.  I finished the card off with a strip of Old Olive ribbon and a Pretty in Pink button.

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Old Olive / Night of Navy / Whisper White
Stamps / Ink - Clearly For You / Four Frames / Whisper White / Pretty in Pink / Night of Navy
Embellishments - 1/4 inch Grosgrain Old Olive Ribbon / Pretty in Pink Designer Button
Tools - Word Window Punch / Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder / Decorative Label Punch / Colour Coach / Bone Folder / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub & Mist / Stamp-a-ma-jig / Dimensionals / Snail

1 comment:

  1. Love the card, especially your own DSP! This is something i'm definately going to start doing. I've never heard of mojo monday! but will check them out!! Amyx

    www.craftythinker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete