About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Colour Q Challenge for a Tuesday

Hello everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you a card I have made for the Colour Q Challenge
As the name suggests it is a colour challenge - this weeks colours are Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.

I went with a simple design using the Printed Petals stamp set and a sentiment from the Tiny Tags set.


The card base is Crumb Cake textured card, layered with Not Quite Navy textured card which has the largest Printed Petal stamped on it twice in Whisper White ink.  
I added a nice bright Daffodil Delight Printed Petal punched out with the Scallop Circle Punch and topped it with an Old Olive Designer Button.
The Sentiment was stamped in Not Quite Navy and I used the Word Window Punch, then popped it in the card with a Dimensional.

Tomorrow is going to be a mixed bag or fun and not so fun!  I have the day off work so will be spending it being creative and making lots of lovely cards and maybe a few 3D items too, the downside is I'm off work as my car is going for a service!  Could be expensive :o(

I'll be back tomorrow with my days creations.........  xxx

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Crumb Cake / Not Quite Navy / Daffodil Delight / Whisper White
Stamps / Ink - Printed Petals / Tiny Tags / Whisper White / Daffodil Delight / Not Quite Navy
Embellishments - Designer Button
Tools - Trimmer / Stampin Scrub & Mist / Glue Dots / Dimensionals / Snail / 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch / Word Window Punch / Clear Blocks

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool effect you've got going here! Thanks so much CQC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MEANT TO SAY: "Thanks for much for playing the CQC this week!" Oh boy, it's late!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, Julie! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of these colors, Julie! I love that you paired the big, bold flowers with the tiny sentiment, such a fun contrast. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Julie! I love the white flowers stamped on navy blue:) Thanks for joining us at CQC this week! :)

    ReplyDelete