About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Seaside Fun

Evening

I want to share with you a fun card I made using the Summer Splash stamp set.
I used Glossy Card for the bottom half of this card and inked the octopus image with Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight and stamped.  Then I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig (don't know what I'd do without it!) to ink over the top in Versamark and then cover with Clear Embossing Powder and heat.

I was then able to ink over the image with Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise using sponge daubers, and added the bubbles image around the octopus.



One thing I did find out was that tearing glossy card doesn't really work!  So I had to cut it across at a wobbly angle and then used the Distressing Tool  from the Cutter Kit to rough the egdes a little.
I layered this onto a card base of River Rock which I had daubed all over with River Rock ink, and added the Seashell image in the same ink as well.
The sentiment is from Curly Cute inked in Not Quite Navy.

This was going to be my card for this weeks Less Is More challenge - things with legs!  But, it didn't really turn out to be very CAS or One Layer.........  Sometimes you start with an idea and it takes on a life of it's own!  I was still pleased with the result though :o)

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Glossy Card / River Rock
Stamps / Ink - Summer Splash / Curly Cute / Pacific Point / Tempting Turquoise / Daffodil Delight / Pumpkin Pie / Not Quite Navy
Embellishments - None
Tools - Stamp-a-ma-jig / Distressing Tool / Embossing Powder / Sponge Dauber / Trimmer / Paper Snips / Stampin Scrub and Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment