About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Button, Button

Hello,

The card I have to share with you today is one I made for this weeks Less Is More challenge which is entitled Buttons or Ribbon.  I thought I'd use a bit of both!

I used the Printed Petals stamp set to make my own DSP on a Whisper White background, stamping the various flower images in Real Red and Daffodil Delight.  I layered this with a piece of Daffodil Delight DSP from the Brights Stack, onto a card base of Tempting Turquoise.  I used some 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon across the middle.
I stamped another Printed Petals image in each of the colours and punched them out with the Scallop Circle Punch.  These were each topped off with a Designer Button  in a corresponding colour, stuck on with Glue Dots.
The sentiment was added right onto the DSP, in Basic Black.  It was from the Hostess Level 1 set called Afterthoughts.



It's probably not the most Clean and Simple (CAS) card I've ever made for the Less is More challenge, but I think it goes well with the sunshine that has been out for the last few days :o)

Later in the week I will be showing you some other make and take projects I did at a workshop this past weekend, and also some thank you cards I made for my lovely customers.

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Tempting Turquoise / Whisper White / Daffodil Delight DSP Stack
Stamps / Ink - Afterthoughts / Basic Black / Printed Petals / Real Read / Tempting Turquoise / Daffodil Delight
Embellishments - designer Buttons / 5/8" Whisper White Satin Ribbon
Tools - Scallop Circle Punch / Glue Dots / Snail / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist

6 comments:

  1. Such a bright pretty card love your patterned papers and buttons.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card-love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely, bright and cheerful card...very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a lot of 'white space ' on this one Julie... you know we like to see areas of unadorned card, but it's very pretty!
    Thanks a lot.
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright card Julie. Love the summery colours you've used!
    Hugs, Victoria~x~

    ReplyDelete