About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Quick Christmas Cards

Well, another day, another Christmas themed post!!!!

It is pretty much December, so Christmas is upon us in a big way.
I have three more craft fairs to attend, details will be on my blog later today, and then I will be busy making my own Christmas cards to send and wrapping presents, and preparing for having everyone over to my place for Christmas Day.  It's the first time ever, so I'm very excited!!!!

Back to the cards today though!

This first one is a 4 inch square card, stamped with the tree image from Contempo Christmas.  I love this set so much and have had great fun using it these past few weeks.
I used markers to ink the image so that I could get the different colours together.  Christmas classics, Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler, along with a little Daffodil Delight for the star.
The DSP I have used to layer it are retired Jolly Holiday papers from last years catalogue.  I'm trying to use up all of my old stash.
I do think this would also look fab with the Holly Berry Bouquet DSP, and just change the colours for Real Red and Wild Wasabi, two of my favourites together :o)

This second card is one for the kids, with the fun little images from Every Little Bit.  This is a brilliant stamp set with 28 different images covering all sorts of themes.
I've picked out the Christmasy ones to use here.  All of them were inked with markers, again this allowed me to mix my colours which was especially useful with the penguin.  I didn't want any of that Basic Black getting into my Pumpkin Pie beak and feet!!!

I punch the images out with the 1 1/4" Square Punch and Layered them onto Scallop Punch pieces of Poppy Parade and Island Indigo. 

The middle image was popped up on Dimensionals.
The backing DSP is from the 11/12 In Color Paper Stack in Pool Party, as is the Scallop Oval for the sentiment.  The sentiment is from Petite Pairs, again a stamp set that covers all occasions.


I hope you like my offerings today.  I really had fun making two such different cards, and hopefully a few of them will sell at the weekend :o)

The Details: 
Card / Paper - Poppy Parade / Old Olive / Jolly Holiday DSP (retired) / Pool Party DSP (In Color Stack) / Island Indigo / Pool Party / Whisper White / Very Vanilla
Stamps / Ink - Contempo Christmas / Old Olive / Cherry Cobbler / Daffodil Delight / Poppy Parade / Basic Black / Pumpkin Pie / Island Indigo / Every Little Bit / Petite Pairs
Embellishments - None
Tools - Scallop Border Punch / 1 1/4" Square Punch / Scallop Square Punch / Scallop Oval Punch / Large Oval Punch / Trimmer / Stampin Scrub and Mist / Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. These are both great cards! I really like the fun colors you chose for the second card! Enjoy your holiday preparations!!

    ReplyDelete