About Me

My photo
I have been a Stampin' Up Demonstrator for almost two years now, and when I signed up it was just for the starter kit and discount on products........ I never imagined it would snowball into being a business like it has. I am a new Mummy to my little boy, Isaac, who is almost four months old now. I am spending my maternity leave enjoying watch him grow up, becoming his own little person, and also trying to build my business up. Stampin' Up! have amazing products and I would love to share my crafting passion with as many people as possible. I am always putting through orders, so if you need anything, or just want some information or advise, please do not hesitate to contact me. If you want to try before you buy, then check out my classes and get booked on.

Thursday 6 September 2012

Scentsational Season

Well, the Stampin' Up! retirement sale is well underway, with many items already being sold out and never to be seen again!

I was very sad at the weekend when I cleared out my cupboards and drawers of all of the retiring items, though I get to have one last play with a lot of them as my September class is based on retiring items!

And I couldn't be sad for long when I had lots of lovely new items to put back in teh cupboards and drawers, plus I have a nice big order arriving on Monday, and a whole batch of NEW 2012/2013 catalogues!!!!!  It's a very exciting time!

Last Saturday saw the annual Leadership Training session that Stampin' Up! run.  Luckily for me, it was only 15 minutes up the road :o)  Being 6 months pregnant, I wouldn't have enjoyed a long car or train journey like some others had to make, but all in all, there were 84 demonstrators from all areas of the UK.  It's a fabulous chance to meet up with fellow team members and other demonstrators, and a chance to swap ideas.

I wanted to share with you the swap that I made for training which feature the Scentsational Season stamp set and co-ordinating Holiday Collection Framelit Dies.........  they make Christmas cards a complete doddle and will be featuring in my All Day Christmas Stamp a Stack event in November.


 Isn't the gingerbread man just so cute????

My base card is 4" x 4" of Lucky Limeade, with a layer of Crumb Cake which was embossed with Perfect Polka Dots.  The edges have a strip of Cherry Cobbler that I punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.


The gingerbread man was stamped in Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla card, and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and punched with the Word Window Punch.

Those gorgeous papers in the background are strips cut from the new Festival of Prints DSP Stack.  I love these and will be using them a lot for my Christmas cards this year.

If I'd have had time I would have embossed my gingerbread man with the NEW Sugar and Spice Scented Embossing Powder, but alas, I didn't get to do this.

I hope the ladies I swapped with liked my creation, as I certainly had lots of lovely swaps in return.  
Once I've made some more samples with the new products I shall be re-designing my display boards which I am excited about.

Right, time for some food as all of this talk of gingerbread men is making me hungry!

Julie x

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little Christmas card! Love the strips of DSP behind the cute gingerbread man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty little card Julie. Is the Stampin' Up annual Leadership Training session always so local? I wish I had the courage and skill to take the plunge. Thinking about it though, sadly my health & back wouldn't be up to it. Thank heavens for you Julie :)

    ReplyDelete