I cannot believe how time has flown. No sooner has Sale-a-bration ended, and the Spring Mini has also come to a close!!!
However, that does make way for the new Summer Mini Catalogue………… so many wonderful new products to play with :o)
You may have landed on my blog post by way of Sharon – I hoped you loved what she had to share.
My post focuses on the Bright Blossoms stamp set, and I have four cards to show you:
The first is a simple card, but very bright and bold. I cased this layout from the very talented Teri Pocock.
I used Concord Crush and Lucky Limeade as the colour scheme, adding in some striped DSP, layering the top and bottom with a strip of Lucky Limeade card punched with the Dotty Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (oh what a mouthful!) The sentiment is from the Hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.
Next I have a card that teams Island Indigo with Pumpkin Pie. They work surprisingly well together. I have used the stem image from Sweetheart stamp set. The most solid flower image from Mixed Bunch is stamped in Island Indigo to line up with the stem, and then layered over the top is a Whisper White flower punched with the new Blossom Punch. The little tulip image from Bright Blossoms fits perfectly inside each petal.
I’ve used one of the new Edgelit Dies to shape one side of the card (again, apologies for the terrible piccy). I’ve also stamped one of the flower head images over the left side of the card base to give a tone on tone effect. The Pumpkin pie button just finishes things off nicely.
With this next card I went for a slightly retro feel. I teamed Melon Mambo with old Olive and Basic Gray. I used marked to ink the stamps and then punched parts of the images out with the 1 1/4” and 1” circle punches.
The sentiment of from Curly Cute. I inked it with Versamark and then added Melon Mambo Embossing Powder which really makes it pop off the Basic Gray card. The sentiment panel has been edged with Melon Mambo strip, again punched with the Dotty Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.
For the last card I went with a slightly Vintage theme. I used a favourite colour combination of mine – Crumb Cake, Bravo Burgundy and Pink Pirouette. I also added in some Confetti Cream. I used the Distressing Tool in the Cutter Kit to rough up all of the edges, the daubed Bravo Burgundy ink around the edges of the Confetti Cream pieces.
I embossed the Pink Pirouette card with the Oval Designer Frame image, then used one of the new Framelit Dies the cut around the frame. The flower image was inked with markers and then punched with the Extra-Large Oval. The sentiment is again from Curly Cute, and I added some Chantilly Crochet Trim in a ruffled manner across the bottom of the card.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing one stamp set used four different ways. It’s a really bargain, only £11.95 in clear mount for 8 stamps, and yet so versatile!!!! It’s one of many wonderful new products.
If you’d like to see them all, then click on the picture of the Summer Mini catalogue on my side bar to view it online, or contact me if you’d like a hands on copy posted to you. Even better – come to my open house event this Saturday between 10am and 1pm and see the products, loads more samples and make a card to take home as well. Full details are on my EVENTS page.
Now it’s time for you to hop along and see what Anthea has in store for you.
Thanks for stopping by – please do leave a comment and let me know what you think :o)
Full Blog Hop Listing
1. AlisonP ~ www.craftyalisoninlyon.blogspot.com
2. Crafting Alison ~ www.craftingalison.blogspot.com
3. Sarnie - www.kraftybiker.blogspot.com
4. Pat - www.pinkycardsandcreations.blogspot.com
5. IOW Sarah- www.stampinsarahiow.blogspot.com
6. Frankiesue - www.frankiesue.blogspot.com
7. Anne-Marie - http://classycrafters.blogspot.co.uk/
8. Angela - www.sparklycards.blogspot.com
9. Elaine - www.thesassystampers.blogspot.com
10. Sara - www.craftingandstamping.com
11. FrenchieJo - www.frenchiejo.blogspot.com
12. Leanie - www.beautifulimpressions.co.uk
13. Michelle (ShellieStamps) - www.craftypaper.co.uk
14. Fiona - http://oakfieldcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
15. Tina F -http://littlewhitehousecrafts.blogspot.com
16. (9399) Amanda - http://thecraftspa.blogspot.com
17. Ruth(mamaluke) www.artfulstampin.co.uk
18. Jan (JJ66) - http://jan-crippin.blogspot.co.uk/
19. Bluedaisy (Tracy) - http://bluedaisydaydreams.blogspot.co.uk/
20. Nuttysgirl (Emily) - http://www.stampinmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/
21 CarolynUK - http://stampaholix.blogspot.co.uk/
22 Allyf - www.serendipitypapercuts.blogspot.com
23 Vronie www.vronstampin.blogspot.com
24 Kim www.kimfeecrafter.blogspot.com
25 Beckie (Littlebeckie) www.bextiesandstickytape.blogspot.com
26 Sally http://girliepink.blogspotcom
27 Christa http://serendipity-stamping.blogspot.co.uk/
28. DonnaM www.head-over-heels-by-dlm.blogspot.com
29 Laura http://airingcupboardstamping.blogspot.co.uk/
30. Emma H http://emma-letsstamp.blogspot.com/
31. Margaret K www.makingpapercrafts.blogspot.com
32. Kate http://stampinupwithkate.blogspot.co.uk/
33. Sarah http://esellek.blogspot.co.uk/
34. Jayne http://jaynescraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/
35. Clare http://sparklecrafts.blogspot.com
36. Sharon http://stamps-n-inks.blogspot.co.uk/
37. Julie http://www.the-crafty-bug.blogspot.com – You are HERE
38. Anthea http://stampin-divas.blogspot.co.uk/
39. Vicky http://vickylouscorner.blogspot.com